Saint Anselm College
- Retired Boston FBI Head Warren Bamford ’80 Comments on the Capture of Mobster Whitey Bulger
- Work Continues this Summer at Archaeology Dig in Italy
- Saint Anselm to Host Republican Debate June 13
- Fall Events Calendar (PDF)
- Art Exhibition (PDF)
- Book Author/Speaker (PDF)
- Environmental Lecture (PDF)
- CNN Crossfire Guest Co-hosts (PDF)
- CNN/New Hampshire Republic Presidential Debate
Blog Posts – 1 | 2 |3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16| 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28
I directed coverage of CNN’s New Hampshire Republic Presidential Debate, held live from Saint Anselm College on June 13, 2011. I assembled and managed a team of staff, student, and freelance bloggers and social media writers, photographers, and videographers/editors who posted frequently in the days leading up, during, and following the debate. The objective was to provide an inside view of the debate and the national media’s convergence on campus. The plan included a cross-platform approach for content updates in multiple formats, including blog posts, videos, photos, and social media (PDF). For the 2008 presidential race, I led similar coverage for two CNN democratic and republican debates (June 2006), two ABC/Facebook democratic and republican debates (January 2008), and Fox News’ presence on campus covering the New Hampshire Primary (January 2008).
- Chat Replay: The Nuclear Disaster in Japan and Implications for U.S. Nuclear Power
This is an example of using a free online chat service to highlight the expertise of faculty or alumni around current events. In this case, I moderated and coordinated this live chat using CoverItLive.com shortly following the March 2011 Japanese earthquake, tsunami, and the Fukushima Daiichi nuclear disaster. We worked with a faculty member who was a nuclear physicist and could provide a scientific perspective on the media’s coverage of the disaster. As a result of the online chat, the local NPR affiliate interviewed the faculty member for a story and has interviewed the professor for subsequent news stories. Prior to the event we tweeted multiple news outlets promoting the online chat.
In addition to the sample documents below, I have considerable experience writing budget and project proposals, RFPs, policies, procedures, training, and various communication and marketing strategy documents.
- Online Style Guide
- Visual Identity Standards (PDF, 2005) – I contributed to and consulted in the review of this document
- Web Publishing Policies (PDF, 2004)
- Web Privacy Statement (2004)
- Student Flip Video Training (PDF, 2010)
- Ingeniux CMS Training (PDF, 2010)
Additional writing samples are available on request.